Google

Monday, April 14, 2008

Australia: Hairspray

You know there are times when you look at yourself in the mirror and think, "Wow check me out! I'm looking goooood." That usually happens when the lights are on the dim side or I've had a few drinks. Then there are times when do a double take because you realize the fugly biatch staring back at you is actually your own reflection and you think to yourself, "Holy shit! A face even my mother can't love. I wouldn't do me if I had a bag over my head."


Well I had that moment the other day when I went in for an interview with yet another recruiter (whom I couldn't stop staring at the gap between her two front teeth - it was so big you could floss them with a rope). When I was leaving the dunny (bathroom), I turned around to check in the mirror that I didn't have toilet paper hanging out of my ass. That's when I noticed how unruly and mousy and long my hair had grown. I admit - the time it takes me to do my hair is quicker than my minute man boyfriend - if that's even possible. Plus my worldly possessions do not include a comb or a hair dryer. And when I say "do my hair," I really mean comb my fingers through it once or twice and move on to getting dressed. Let me put it this way: if you saw me from behind, you would've thought I was a crazy homeless lady who stole someone's suit pretending to go to work, especially since my head tends to look all over place trying to find the right building. Therefore, I jumped on the bob bandwagon and chopped six inches off my hair with Nicole Ritche as my inspiration. I can't help being a slave to trends, but only trends that will look good on me. And since I can't help that most trends look good on me, I end up being a slave to most trends. It's a viscious cycle.
I sported my new haircut Friday night when we went out dancing at Bar94 in Richmond. Crikey, I wrote an entire entry on my hair...someone isn't self-centered at all.
Pictures: Friday night at Bar 94 with Nikki, Nokomi, Ben, Jimmy, Matt, Nathan (all Aussies). Bottom left: At my American friend Annie's beautiful spacious home in Toorak.

3 comments:

Mayan said...

cute hair.. some highlights would be cuter though :)

**v** said...

you look absolutely gorgeous! much better than nicole ritchie (i'm not a fan of her). its such a cute photo of you and annie! tell her i said g'day mate!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Aluguel de Computadores, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://aluguel-de-computadores.blogspot.com. A hug.