Google

Sunday, August 26, 2007

Welcome to my travel blog!

Hey there! I'm back by popular demand with my third blog, thanks to all four of you who continue to read my entries and encourage me to keep writing as I blunder my way through Asia for the next four months.

As of June 30th of this year, my boyfriend and I were both jobless - me having finished up a project in NY and Justin just got laid off by Big Blue. We thought, "What are the chances that we are both unemployed on the same day? Work is for suckers anyway!" We were even offered positions at Gap Corporate in San Francisco by a friend and former colleague who is leading a huge strategic initiative and enlisted our help. But we had to turn down the job opportunity of a lifetime (I gave up employee discounts!!) for the travel opportunity of a lifetime. Please don't remind us when we come back next year and the country is diving into recession; I'm sure we'll be regretting our decision as we beg for food and live homeless on the mean streets of America.

So we narrowed down a continent and booked our tickets to India with a layover in Hong Kong where we will end our trip in December. We plan on visiting India, Thailand, Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam, Malaysia, HK, and China during the four months. I don't know how often or consistently I will be able to blog so please check back once a week. I look forward to amusing you with my misadventures with lots of pictures!

5 comments:

deb said...

Have fun Evan! I can't wait to read about all your adventures. :)

Unknown said...

Woohoo misadventures is back!

Ally said...

Yeah, you are back! :)

Kate said...

Hi Evan,
I'm going to try one more time to post a comment, doesn't make it easy.
Anyway, since I've had the twins, I think my traveling days are over for the immediate future. Thus I am in desparate need of your blog and a thousand thank you's for keeping it up.
Don't worry about the job back home, you will always be employable and there is plenty of time in life for work. As my Granny used to say, "Make hay while the sun shines!"

Ciao,
Kate

kev said...

Your boyfriend,...travel companion, looks like a wackoo with no hair and the sad thing about it is it probably will never grow back! You better start getting used to a skin head. I love your comments on the trip,...keep up the good work. I'm so happy for the two of you taking this time to do the trip,... travel safe.