Google

Monday, April 7, 2008

Australia: Before Pictures of Our Home

Let me give you a tour of our humble abode. These are before pictures as we are still in the arduous process of furnishing the place. Once it is fully decorated I will post after pictures. With 14-foot ceilings, the one-level home is an old monastery that has been remodeled on the inside. Australia has these heritage preservation rules where you cannot overhaul the structure of historical homes and buildings (but the interior can be completely remodeled to look like a spaceship if you prefer to live in a spaceship). The quaint neighborhood is unpretentiously cute with cafes and boutiques lining our street and has a very East Village feel (I don't really know what that means but I've always wanted to write that.) We live in close proximity - a couple blocks - to the train station and the city is just two stops/10 min. away. The location is ideal for anyone who likes to live close to the city but not in the city. I welcome all visitors! (well, that invitation only applies to people I know personally.)

1 comment:

t. said...

awesome digs!!