Google

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Stop # 3: Pune, India

I'M BACK!!! Sorry for not updating my blog in a while, but we just returned from our two-week trip to Pune ("Poona") where we visited the Osho International Meditation Resort. You may or may not have heard of Osho. Unfortunately I can't describe in detail what we were there for because no words can explain the experience and even if I did have the right words, doing so would take away from our experience. It's not a religion or a cult. Just a different way of thinking that can apply to all aspects of your life. And no, I did not return a meditating hippie with smelly unshaved armpits. I'm still me - well groomed and well dressed (for the most part), and I got to meet so many people from all over the world at the resort who are also searching for something. Perhaps a new path that can lead us to what we are looking for. Perhaps a new way of life that can lead us to inner peace and enlightenment.

On a very sad and tragic note, as I hastily gleaned through a hundred emails neglected for the past two weeks, Andrea sent me a link about a former colleague at IBM who shot his wife and then committed suicide in front of his two young boys. He was our project manager a few years ago. To think someone you once knew was that disturbed and obviously never found his inner peace... Click here to read the full article.

Pictures are of the beautiful bungalow we stayed in for only Rs.400 ($10) a night which included housekeeping/laundry service.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

looks like an awesome place. i love the matching outfits! down to the matching thong sandals!! justin looks like a chinese monk though, all he needs are some meditation beads...

i found my inner peace through God :D

deb said...

I was getting worried about you. I had nothing to read for two whole weeks! Nice to have you back.

I noticed the matching sandals too! haha. nice.