Google

Friday, December 21, 2007

Colorado: Life of a Ski Bum

After a short hiatus from blogging, I am back from our "vacation" to Cabo and San Francisco. Nothing exciting to report except we ran into the Kardashians in Cabo as E! was filming Keeping with the Kardashians at the hotel next to ours. The Kardashian girls are a lot shorter in person, and the crew apparently refers to the cast as "bitches and assholes" because they are such bitches and assholes.

Now that we are back home (well, Justin's home in Breckenridge, Colorado) and pondering on our future and how we are going to support our unemployed asses, I have decided to become a ski bum for the winter which is pretty ironic since I don't ski and winter isn't really my season. But I do snowboard, albeit not very well, and have found a new hobby in cross-country skiing (it is different from downhill skiing that most of you are more familiar with). Plus there is no cuter ski town than Breckenridge to explore my next profession, not to mention the sheer convenience since Justin already has a place here. I'm sure you have taken a ski trip or two - especially my California friends who frequent Tahoe every weekend - but if you've always wondered what it's like to actually live in a ski town where a good day is judged by how much snow has fallen, then join me for the next couple months as I attempt to find a job at a ski resort serving snotty tourists, befriend the locals and pretend to be one, improve my snowboarding skills, and explore what life is like as a ski bum in a town that looks like it's right out of a Christmas card.

No comments: